Growth of the Chester Baptist Association
1878 - The Chester Baptist Association was organized March 30, 1878 with the following charter churches:
1.       Beaver Creek
2.       Blackstock
3.       Calvary
4.       Chester First
5.       Cool Branch
6.       Liberty
7.       Mt. Zion
8.       Woodward
1878 – Harmony (9) received in the first session on October 19, 1878
1888 – (10) Fort Lawn
1897 – (11) Wilkesburg
1904 – (12) Lowrys
1906 – (13) Lando
1913 – (14) West Side
1914 – (15) Great Falls First
1915 – (16) Chester Second - withdrew from the association  March 7, 2010
1918 – (17) Orrs
1928 – (18) Great Falls Second
1957 – (19) Parkway
1963 – (20) Trinity
1971 – (21) Mitford
1984 – (22) Richburg
1984 – (23) West Chester
1988 – (24) Leeds
2010 – Chester 2nd withdrew from the association
2011 - A new church start with sponsoring from Blackstock 1st was formed. they began meeting in homes and moved to the Chester YMCA in 2012. They have not petitioned to become part of our association  yet.
January 2012 - A church start  with sponsorship from Harmony called the Branded 4 Life Cowboy Church, was voted into the association
Leaving us with a total of 24 churches
The Associational Missions Program began in 1974 when the Chester Baptist Association authorized the Missions Committee to employ a Promotional Secretary to lead us in this work (A Promotional Secretary was the first step in the process of development of an associational program under the leadership of a Director of Missions). Mr. O.F Watts of Rock Hill, SC was employed as Promotional Secretary at the 1975 annual meeting. He continued through 1978.
In 1978, Rev. Wade Griffin of Winnsboro, SC was employed as Promotional Secretary. He continued to maintain offices at Parkway Baptist until the association purchased property at Richburg.
In September of 1981, the association purchased property consisting of 11.7 acres in Richburg. The existing building  has been used for offices, meetings, and a Mission Vacation Bible School while being renovated. (All renovation was done through volunteer labor and love gifts).
On May 22, 1983, the association held an open house and dedication of the renovated office of the Chester Baptist Association. This continued as the office until 1998. At that time, we built a new building on the same property (with mostly volunteer labor and love gifts).
In 1993, Rev. Warren Fowler was hired as the new Director of Missions.
On July 26, 1998 an open house and dedication was held for our new associational office at 175 North Main   Street in Richburg.
Rev. Fowler retired as Director of Missions in February of 2010.
Dr. Ted Hodges was hired as the new Director of Missions in September of 2010.